Welcome to FormalWill.ca
is Canada's leader in online Legal Wills and is operated by FormalWill Inc. - a federally incorporated Canadian corporation. FormalWill.ca
was founded by a Canadian lawyer
as a create-your-own Legal Will site
that caters to those wishing to create an inexpensive legally-binding Canadian Will
in minutes from the comfort of their own home or office.
Our Legal Wills
are custom tailored to each province and territory in Canada and we have served thousands of satisfied customers across Canada. You can try us out by registering. Simply click "Get Started Now"
to the left and go through our proprietary questionnaire. Once you are fully satisfied at the end, you can choose to proceed to the payment stage.
When you create your Will using our proprietary and easy-to-use system, your Canadian Will includes:
- A clause revoking former Wills and testaments
- Specification of your city/town and province of jurisdiction
- Appointing an executor or person who will carry out the terms of your Will
- Appointing alternate executor(s)
- Specifying detailed duties and powers for your executor or person carrying out the terms of your Will
- Leaving specific gifts to specific individuals such as:
- Specific amount of money
- Household items
- RRSP, RRIF, TFSA
- Shares in private companies
- Primary Residence
- Secondary Residence (i.e. cottage)
- Other specific assets
- Leaving the residual estate to specified individuals
- Trust provisions allowing you to choose an age that minor children are entitled to receive their share of the estate
- Clause allowing your executor to make income tax decisions in the best interests of your estate
- Charity clause allowing you to leave specified gifts to a charitable organization
- Guardian clause allowing you to appoint a person to take care of a child who is a minor
- Clauses allowing the appointment of alternate guardian(s) to take care of a child who is a minor
- A detailed instruction letter on signing your Will with witnesses
If your situation is relatively straight-forward or you do not have the time or money to meet with a lawyer, FormalWill.ca is right for you. We also offer Power of Attorney
documents (dealing with your financial affairs while you are alive) and Living Wills (also known as Health Care Directives which deal with health care matters while you are alive but unable to communicate your wishes). These documents are custom-tailored and instantly produced in accordance with the specific requirements of your province/territory.
- System developed in consultation with Canadian lawyers
- User-friendly online service utilizing advanced technology
- Save legal fees
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Your document is instantly created online and a back-up copy emailed to you
Make Your Legal Will, Power of Attorney, or Living Will Online Now in 3 Easy Steps!