Pet Will Agreement FAQBelow you will find a list of frequently asked questions that we receive. Most of your general questions about making a Pet Will™ Agreement through FormalWill.ca are addressed here. Please read this section carefully before starting your Pet Will™ Agreement.
1. What is a Pet Will™ Agreement?
A Pet Will™ Agreement ensures that your pets are looked after by the appropriate people. In the event of your incapacity or death, you can ensure that your pets are properly taken care of. This Pet Will™ Agreement includes a Limited Power of Attorney. FormalWill.ca has invested in extensive research and development to create Canada’s first and only national Pet Will™ Agreement.
2. How do I get started on a Pet Will™ Agreement?
Click on the “Sign In or Register” section on the top right corner of the page. Once you register online, you can start on your Pet Will™ Agreement right away.
3. What is included in my Pet Will™ Agreement?
Your Pet Will™ Agreement enables you to:
- Appoint a Pet Guardian of your choosing
- Set aside care funds for your pet(s)
- Appoint Alternate Pet Guardians
- Set instructions regarding the healthcare of your pets
- Arrange instructions for your pet(s)’ veterinarians, groomer, pet walkers, etc.
- Financially compensate your Pet Caregivers
- List any final instructions regarding Euthanasia or the death of your pet(s)
4. How much does a Pet Will™ Agreement cost?
A Pet Will™ Agreement through FormalWill.ca costs $49. That’s it. No surprises.
5. Why should I go through FormalWill.ca to make a Pet Will™ Agreement?
After extensive research, FormalWill.ca developed the first national Pet Will™ Agreement for Canadians.
6. Why can’t I just leave my pet(s) to someone else through a Will?
A Will is an important document that every Canadian should have. A Will includes all of your possessions, but it does not cover what may happen to your pets during your lifetime. Our Pet Will™ Agreement provides comprehensive coverage as to the care of your pet(s), the appointment of your Pet Guardian(s), and your instructions regarding your pet(s).
7. Is my Pet Will™ Agreement valid anywhere in Canada?
FormalWill.ca caters to individuals who live in all provinces and territories in Canada and our Pet Guardian documents are customized to be valid in each province or territory. FormalWill Inc. is a national Canadian company that specifically serves the needs of all Canadians.
8. How do I ensure that my Pet Will™ Agreement is valid and legal?
Simply follow the signing information carefully and your Pet Will™ Agreement is valid and legal.
9. How do I receive my Pet Will™ Agreement?
Upon completion of the questionnaire and payment, your Pet Will™ Agreement document appears instantly on screen with a copy sent to you by email. You do not receive any documents via mail. If, for whatever reason, you do not receive your Pet Will™ Agreement via email, simply log back into your account at www.formalwill.ca, and you can print your Pet Will™ Agreement and instruction letter from there.
10. Do I have to file my Pet Will™ Agreement with a local office?
No. A Pet Will™ Agreement produced by FormalWill.ca is valid once you have signed it and does not need to be filed with a court office.
11. Once I complete my Pet Will™ Agreement, is there a charge for any changes I want to make later on?
Once you have completed and paid for your Pet Will™ Agreement, you cannot make any changes, unless you have purchased the Peace of Mind Bonus available during the Checkout stage. However, please carefully review all of your answers before paying.