Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions that we receive. Most of your general questions about making a Canadian Living Will through FormalWill.ca are addressed here. Please read this section carefully before you start your Living Will.
FormalWill.ca does not provide legal advice and as such, you should consult a lawyer in your jurisdiction in the event that you are unsure if a Living Will from FormalWill.ca is adequate for your situation.
- A clause revoking previous Living Will documents
- Specification of your city/town and province/territory of jurisdiction
- Appointing an Attorney who will carry out the terms of your document
- Appointing alternate Attorney(s)
- Your wishes regarding life support options
- Your wishes regarding organ donation
- Your wishes on various medical treatments
- Specification of detailed powers and duties for your Attorney(s)
- Specification of liability of Attorney(s)
- Specification of restrictions on the types of powers your Attorney(s) will exercise